Oh my goodness where do I start? I have been a bit MIA on my blog lately. I’ve been super busy with building an office in our new home and my consulting work (including working with a new startup). I honestly haven’t had much time for creating recipes, cooking, and photographing. These pumpkin biscuits have been on my mind for a while now. I knew I wanted to tweak my almond milk biscuit recipe. I just added some pumpkin, a little sugar, and cinnamon to give it that pumpkin taste we all love!
I wish I had more photos to share, but I accidentally deleted most of my photos (oops!). Not the first time that’s happened and it won’t be the last… oh well!
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy and only another 27 days until Halloween, yay!
ALMOND MILK PUMPKIN BISCUITS RECIPE
- 2¼ cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons coconut oil (room temperature)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- ½ cup organic canned pumpkin
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine almond milk and vinegar to create “buttermilk”
- In your food processor bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar) until blended. Add in coconut oil and pulse until crumbly. Slowly pour in almond milk mixture and pulse until combined.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Place your dough onto a well floured surface and knead well.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Use a glass cup or cookie cutter to cut into circles. Makes approximately 6 large biscuits.
- Place biscuits onto a parchment lined pan.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes. Watch carefully to ensure they do not burn.