Happy first day of Spring! This winter has been brutal in too many ways. First off, it was SO cold. Living in Nashville I always feel thankful that we don’t get a ridiculous amount of snow, but we definitely got far more than we usually do. The snow is somewhat magical, but the ice is no fun. I’m hoping we are in for some beautiful warm weather from here on out!
Spring always makes me want flowers. Today, on my way home from my kickboxing class I stopped at Trader Joe’s to get these beauties. Something about having flowers in my house makes me a little happier.
Today I’m sharing a Southern staple with a twist. Growing up my mom would always fix deviled eggs. Every holiday and family gathering we would have deviled eggs, and I was the official taste taster. They were full of mayo which is an ingredient I rarely buy these days. These deviled eggs are SO simple. They are simply eggs, plain greek yogurt, salt, pepper, paprika, fresh parsley, and Neat breakfast mix.
Neat is one of my favorite Vegetarian brands! It’s a healthy meat alternative. I’ve shared a few other things using Neat such as my Meatless Vegetable Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, and Vegan Whole Wheat Banana Bread. The thing I love most about Neat is that the base of this product is garbanzo beans. It’s a great way to get your protein in.
BREAKFAST DEVILED EGGS
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- Salt, Pepper, and Paprika to taste
- ½ cup Neat Breakfast Mix (or any ground meat or meat alternative)
- Parsley for garnish
- Hard boil eggs and allow them to cool, shell eggs.
- Cut in half. Mash the yellow part of the egg with the greek yogurt, salt, and paprika. Taste as you add spices to get your desired taste.
- Pipe yellow mixture back into the egg whites.
- Garnish with cooked ground Neat breakfast mix (or ground meat) and freshly chopped parsley.