Do you ever have those days where you crave pizza? I’m talking NOTHING else will do but pizza. Yep, this was one of those days. I had a real craving for pizza with my favorite toppings. Homemade pizza does take a little more time than some weeknight dinners, so I like to make it on nights when I get off work early. If you have kids it would be so much fun to have them help and put their own toppings on it!
My personal favorite toppings are goat cheese, olives, and mushrooms…mmmmm. What are your favorite toppings?
HOMEMADE PIZZA CRUST RECIPE
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup white unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons organic white sugar
- Toppings of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl pour active dry yeast packet into warm water. Allow it to sit for a approximately 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, and sugar).
- Stir in olive oil and yeast mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and form into a ball (in the bowl).
- Cover the bowl with the ball of dough in it for approximately 30 minutes. This will give your dough time to rise. You can cover it with plastic wrap or a towel.
- After 30 minutes turn dough onto a well flour surface. Knead dough and roll into a crust shape (round or rectangular).
- Cover with your favorite toppings (I used organic marinara, goat cheese, olives, and mushrooms)
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.