So as I am typing this I’m watching Archer. It’s my guilty pleasure! There really aren’t many current TV shows I have to watch, but I can’t get enough of this show!
Ahh.. so, on to some FOOD! I don’t know if I’ve mentioned how obsessed I am with Mexican food, but it’s pretty ridiculous. I’m pretty sure in college I basically ate Pizza or Mexican almost every day – probably due to how ridiculously cheap it was and filling.
Quinoa is definitely one of my favorite foods to cook with. I love how versatile it is. Quinoa really takes the taste of whatever it’s mixed with, which I love! It’s perfect for dishes like this or in pancakes, stir fry or salads. Can’t get enough of this high protein grain!
What I love most about these quinoa bowls is that you can add toppings that you love. I’ve chosen black olives, black beans, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, and freshly squeezed lime juice. There are so many other toppings you could add though!
MEXICAN QUINOA BOWLS RECIPE
- 1½ cup dried quinoa
- 2½ cups water
- 1 can black beans, rinsed (14 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can black olives (6 oz.)
- 1 container of grape tomatoes (10 oz. ), sliced in half
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Lime Juice
- Taco Seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- While quinoa is cooking in a small bowl stir together spices to make taco seasoning and set aside.
- Once quinoa is cooked stir in taco seasoning, onions, and red bell pepper.
- Place quinoa mixture in individual bowls.
- Top each bowl with black beans, black olives, tomatoes, avocado, and freshly squeezed lime juice (or toppings of your choice!)