Happy Wednesday! I decided to start the Advocare 24 Day Challenge this week. I’ve had several friends who’ve had success with the program and we decided it would be a great way to kick start our metabolism and get even healthier! I love that this program lends itself to clean eating and it’s all about NOT eating processed foods.
With Advocare you can eat carbs, but they should be limited. This sweet potato has black beans and corn, but in moderation. Since I knew we were eating this for dinner I did not eat carbs for breakfast and lunch. I was super excited to use tofu for the first time. To be honest the thought of tofu has always freaked me out (I’m not sure why??). After using it I feel confident that I will be experimenting with it again! Plus, it’s a great way to get in protein if you do not eat meat. This avocado lime sauce is made with silken tofu.
If you haven’t used tofu before I think you will be pleasantly surprised that it takes the taste of what you’re using it in (maybe you knew that already and I’m just behind). This sauce tasted super creamy like a rich salad dressing.
Of course being the Mexican food lover that I am you know I had to find a way to make this festive. I loaded this sweet potato with black beans, corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, and salsa. I used Mi Elote Salsa which is made of fresh ingredients and no preservatives! It’s delicious!
MEXICAN STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked
- ½ cup corn, cooked
- ½ cup black beans, cooked
- ¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- Avocado Lime Dressing:
- ¼ cup silken tofu
- 1 medium avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings:
- sliced black olives
- Cook sweet potatoes (I cooked mine in the microwave because it’s quicker).
- Microwave black beans and corn until warm.
- Stuff each sweet potato with equal parts of corn, black beans, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- For Dressing:
- Place tofu, avocado, lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top stuffed sweet potatoes with avocado lime dressing, black olives, salsa, and any additional toppings of your choice.
*Time is based on microwaving ingredients- times may vary based on cooking method