So, it’s been a while since I’ve posted because life has been a wee bit busy! Last week I was on fall break from classes, but I started my new job at The Container Store. Totally in love with my new job and absolutely can’t get enough of our products. I’ll probably go broke working there, but hey, you only live once, right?
I have really been trying to eat healthy (with the exceptional cheat here and there) so this egg white omelet totally hit the spot for breakfast. It’s healthy and SUPER easy. I’m going to be honest the thought of flipping any kind of eggs in my skillet scares me. I’m a terrible “flipper”. I can’t flip eggs and I sure as heck can’t flip a pancake. My pancakes are always good, but never pretty. I’m totally getting off track here, but my point is that this omelet is made in your skillet in the oven. How easy is that?? There is no way to mess this up.
OVEN BAKED SPINACH EGG WHITE OMELET
- ¾ cup egg whites
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup onion , chopped
- 5 grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small non-stick skillet on the stove saute chopped onions on medium heat until translucent.
- Add chopped spinach and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Take skillet off the burner and pour in egg whites.
- Top with halved tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.