I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! This weekend was FULL of friends and family for us. We stayed with my in laws back home and went to a baby shower for two of our close friends on Saturday, and Sunday I got to catch up with friends from college and one of my friends I used to teach with. So thankful for forever friends! How was your weekend?
So this is one of those recipes that is not pretty, but the taste totally makes up for the not so pretty look. It’s my childhood favorite made a little more “grown up.” I have always been totally obsessed with PB & J sandwiches. Clearly I have a peanut butter obsession. I promise I will post some recipes soon that don’t involve peanut butter (okay, maybe I can’t promise that). For this recipe I used another one of my favorite Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butters. Ya’ll I’m obsessed with this stuff! This is their “white chocolate dreams” and it definitely doesn’t disappoint. You can of course use any creamy peanut butter, but this is definitely my favorite! Also, since this is a Vegan bread I highly recommend using Neat Foods “Egg Replacement.” It’s a super easy and healthy way to replace eggs in any recipe!
To make this bread dairy-free I used almond milk and flax eggs. For a non-dairy free version you may substitute any kind of milk and 2 eggs.
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY BREAD
- 1½ cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 “Neat Eggs or flax eggs * (or two eggs)
- ⅔ cup sugar (I used organic pure cane sugar)
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter (I used white chocolate dreams by Peanut Butter & Co.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1¾ cups white unbleached all purpose flour
- ¾ cup organic jelly or jam (I used strawberry)
- *2 flax eggs = 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons warm water-mix together and allow to set a for about 5 minutes (until gel-like)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl blend together milk, flax eggs, sugar, and peanut butter.
- Blend in salt, baking powder, and slowly add in the flour. Blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Spread jelly over the first layer.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the first layer of batter and jelly.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.