It took me a while to catch on to the sweet potato craze. I didn’t really want much to do with them, and then I tasted them and was totally hooked. Sweet potato fries, baked sweet potatoes, sweet potato casserole, sweet potato smoothie…you name it, I’ve eaten it.
Today, I’m sharing a creation of mine that I am pretty obsessed with… peanut butter whipped sweet potatoes. They’re creamy, sweet, and delicious! You won’t believe all the amazing health benefits these orange veggies pack.
I whipped these up on a whim, so I used things I currently had in my kitchen. I used maple syrup as a sweetener, but you could use agave nectar as a sweetener or honey (if you aren’t Vegan), or you could skip the sweetener all together. A lot of this recipe is based on your personal preference. If you love peanut butter (check out our homemade peanut butter recipe) you may want to add more…totally up to you!
Seriously, where would I be without my food processor? I honestly didn’t have one until about six months ago and now I don’t know how I ever lived without it. I use it in SO many recipes. Such a quick and easy way to prepare dinner when you’re in a rush after work.
Since we are chocolate lovers in this house we just had to top with some delicious chocolate chunks…YUM. That’s totally optional, but not sure why you’d want to skip it. If Vegan make sure to use cacao chips or another non-dairy chocolate.
Peanut Butter Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, boiled and peeled
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter (add more if desired)
- ¼ cup sweetener of your choice (I used maple syrup- you could use agave nectar or honey(non-Vegan)
- Boil 2 sweet potatoes until soft.
- Once your sweet potatoes are soft peel of the skin.
- Cut up boiled sweet potatoes and place in a food processor along with peanut butter and sweetener.
- Process on high until smooth.
- Top with cacao chips or chocolate chips of your choice.