I’m so excited today because tonight is the M83 concert… I’m actually about to head out into NYC in a few! I’m actually surprised at how much I don’t miss living in the city – I really thought that when my wife and I moved to the suburbs that it’d be a bit of a bummer, but I guess at this ‘life phase’, I prefer the home and closeness to nature as opposed to the hustle and bustle of NYC. But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy visiting!
Anyway, this tomato mozzarella quinoa salad may scream summer but I find it to be a perfect autumn dish where the days are crisp, but still on the warmer side. I may have mentioned this before, but if not, I’m not a huge fan of leafy green salads. They typically don’t fill me up long enough to make it through the day, so this quinoa salad has been a go to for me lately. I switch between this and my cucumber salad which has been my lunch the past few days.
This salad combines a few of my favorite flavors: avocado (YESS!- can’t go wrong there), Mozzarella (ya’ll already know I’m a cheese addict), and kalamata olives are just plain addicting to me. It’s topped with an avocado lime dressing that is made with Greek yogurt, avocado, and lime juice.
TOMATO MOZZARELLA QUINOA SALAD (WITH CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING) RECIPE
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 10 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamatas olives, pitted
- 1/2 mozzarella ball, cubed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package (I buy the kind that is pre-soaked)
- Allow quinoa to cool completely in the refrigerator
- In a large bowl mix together cooled quinoa, tomatoes, olives, and mozzarella.
- Place avocado, Greek yogurt, and lime juice in food processor.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir dressing into quinoa mixture.
- Serve chilled.